History of TFC

Starting in 1973, the Friendship Center began serving the homeless population at its original location on Gallatin Street.  Over the years, the Friendship Center refined its mission, and in the early 1990s became the only shelter for victims of domestic and sexual violence in Lewis and Clark, Jefferson, and Broadwater counties.  In 2007, with the generous support of the community, the Friendship Center moved into its new facility at 1430 Sanders Street.  With 12 rooms including 4 emergency shelter rooms and 8 transitional housing rooms, the Friendship Center is a place that provides safe shelter to survivors of domestic abuse and sexual violence including emotional support and resources to help them begin to rebuild their lives.